Scarecrow Driving Directions 2015
Ossining Girl Scouts
These two routes can be done individually or together, depending on how much time you have! Directions are provided to connect from Route A to Route B. (The total time to drive both routes together could take 1.5-2 hours.) Try our Scavenger Hunt for more fun!
1. Start at Ryder Park on Morningside Drive.
Troop 2296's scarecrow will greet you at the entrance.
2. Leaving Ryder Park, turn right on Morningside Drive and proceed to the end.
3. Turn right on Chappaqua Road.
4. Cross Route 9A and merge onto Pleasantville Road on the other side.
5. Proceed right onto Pleasantville Road.
Keep an eye out for two scarecrows at Wishnie Park on your left: creations from Troops 2238 and 1301.
6. Bear right and turn right at the light onto Ramapo Road.
7. Proceed to the next light and turn left on Croton Avenue.
Spot Troop 2293's creation in front of Roosevelt School.
8. Turn left on Brookville Rd (note: one-way street).
9. Proceed to end and turn right on Pleasantville Road.
Look left to see Troop 2294's unique scarecrow on the triangular plot of land at Underhill Road.
10. Continue on Pleasantville Road to the light. Turn left on Croton Avenue.
11. Take a quick right onto Sherman Place.
You'll see Arthur J. Jones Park on your left and Troop 2233's scarecrow to greet you.
12. Continue straight ahead onto Park Place, and take it to the end.
13. Turn right on Pine Avenue.
14. At the end of Pine, turn left on Narragansett Avenue.
15. Proceed down Narragansett to Veterans Park. Turn right and proceed to the flagpole straight ahead.
Spot two scarecrows from Troops 1606 and 2226.
END OF ROUTE A
To connect to Route B:
Drive around the Veterans Park flagpole and go back to Narragansett Road.
Turn right on Narragansett. At the stop sign, bear left and drive to the end.
Turn right on Croton Dam Road/Route 134.
At the light, turn left on Route 9A North.
Exit at Cedar Lane. At the end of the exit ramp, turn left onto Cedar Lane.
Proceed a short distance to see Cedar Lane Park on your left.
1. Start at Cedar Lane Park on Cedar Lane.
Troop 2045's scarecrow will greet you at the entrance.
2. Leaving Cedar Lane Park, turn right on Cedar Lane.
3. Go under the Route 9A overpass and continue straight ahead. Where Cedar Lane bears left, you should bear RIGHT onto Ogden Road.
4. Continue down Ogden Road to the end and turn left on Old Albany Post Road.
5. Proceed to the light at Route 9.
Look for Troop 1307's creation near the St. Augustine's School sign, across the road to your right, near the white fence.
6. Turn left on Route 9. Proceed south.
At the light at Cedar Lane, look to your left to see Troop 2205's scarecrow.
7. Continue south on Route 9; stay to the left.
8. Turn left on Van Cortlandt Avenue and proceed up the hill to Claremont School.
Troop 2065's creation will be ready to greet you there!
9. Turn around and go back down Van Cortlandt Avenue to Route 9.
10. Turn left on Route 9/Highland Avenue and get to the right.
Troop 1299's scarecrow is on the corner of North Malcolm Avenue and Route 9, on your right.
11. Continue south on Route 9 and turn right on Aqueduct Street.
Look for Troop 1209's scarecrow on your left, on the corner of Aqueduct St. and Route 9.
12. Continue down Aqueduct St. and turn left on Ann Street.
13. Bear left onto Broadway and continue toward the Joseph Caputo Community Center on your left.
You'll see Troop 1300's creation in front of the community center.
14. Continue up Broadway toward Route 9.
Check out Troop 1292's scarecrow to your left, on the corner of Broadway and Route 9.
15. Turn right on Route 9 and stay to the right. Turn right onto Main Street…
…and don't miss two scarecrows in front of the bank building, constructed by Troops 2295 and 1298.
16. Proceed down Main Street and turn left on Spring Street at the light.
Look to your left to see Troop 2291's scarecrow in Market Place.
17. Continue driving south on Spring Street and turn left on William Street.
18. Turn right on Edward Street (note: one-way street).
Troop 2042's scarecrow is waiting for you at Park School, on your right!
19. Turn left on Everett Road and drive up to Route 9.
20. Turn right on Route 9 and look for Nelson Park on your right.
Two scarecrows greet you here, from Troops 2342 and 1481.
21. Continue down Route 9 and turn right on Acker Ave., just after the Laundromat.
22. Take Acker Ave. west to Spring Street. Turn right on Spring Street.
23. Continue a few blocks to Broad Street. Turn left at the blinking light.
24. Take Broad Street to the end and turn right on State Street.
25. Take State Street to the end and turn left on Main Street.
26. Proceed west (toward the Hudson River) on Main Street, crossing over the train tracks on a ramp. At the end of the ramp, turn right.
Troop 2228's scarecrow will greet you at Louis Engel Park on your right. (Note: Meter parking at the train station is free on weekends but requires a fee on weekdays.)
27. Make a U-turn and continue north on Westerly Road. Go over the ramp at the end and turn right at the end of the ramp onto Water Street.
Look to your left to see Troop 1212's creation at Snowden Park.
28. Turn left onto Broadway. Follow Broadway (note that it turns right at one point) and turn right on Brandreth Street (at a stop sign, near a triangle were Broadway intersects with Aqueduct).
29. Take Brandreth St. back up to Main Street and turn left at the light.
30. Take Main Street to Route 9; turn left onto Route 9.
31. Get to the right to turn right on Croton Avenue/Route 133.
31. Proceed up Croton Avenue past C-Town and Roosevelt School. Slow down as you approach the overpass for Route 9A, after the gas station on your left.
Check out Troop 2229's scarecrow on your left, just after the overpass next to the "Welcome to Ossining" sign.
END OF ROUTE B