Scarecrow - a - palooza
Post date: Oct 9, 2014 2:19:21 AM
Download Flyer for NAME TAG
Steps to follow:
* Select a location for your scarecrow at the Oct. 8 monthly
leaders meeting (Market Square, Vets Park, Nelson Park,
Main St.,etc) or email Janice for an assigned location.
* Wood will be distributed at the Leaders Meeting.
Each participating troop will receive two pieces of wood to
make the “t” frame for your scarecrow to hang on.
* Design your scarecrow with your troop. Traditional scarecrow,
scary scarecrow, funny scarecrow…Be creative! Be unique!
* ANYTIME during Saturday, Oct. 18 or Sunday, Oct. 19 go to
your assigned location.
BE SURE TO LOOK FOR AN
ORANGE CONE NEAR THE ENTRANCE OR SIGNAGE.
Under the cone will be a pre-dug hole for you to insert
your wooden stake. Fill hole with dirt pile nearby.
* Tools needed: hammer & nails to create the “t”; rubber
mallet to drive wooden stake into the ground; step stool;
staple gun to secure clothing and name tag to wood.
* Fill in the troop “Name Tag” below. Laminate the name tag before stapling it to the scarecrow’s wooden stake.
Date: Sat. 10/18 or Sun. 10/19
Time: Anytime during the weekend
Location: To be determined at October